Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's NOT always sunny in Poulsbo!

Today is MAY 24th 2011........ Ok, so what?! I will tell you what!

It is almost stinking JUNE and I am looking out at cloudy, gray skies with a possible high of 66 and rain predicted for the next week!!!! Now I understand that 66 isn't to bad and some love this weather, I DON'T! In my perfect world it would be sunny with a few (very few) puffy white clouds floating by and it would be in the upper 70's. But no, it is this God awful weather and I feel like I am beginning to suffocate in it! I need LIGHT & SUN. The weather here alone is enough to make me want to move!

Josh & I moved with our 3 kids to Poulsbo In January 2006, 5 years (& counting) ago. We left our dream city for the health of our family. At the time the place was right but not the environment. So we packed up and rolled out of town in the middle of the night (a story for another day maybe). We chose Poulsbo for really one reason, it was familiar . We had family here and near here and I spent summers here with my Aunt from birth on.
Looking back now I see that God called us here for many reasons : ) We are grateful for that and blessed by the love, support and friends that have come into our life. These last five years have been amazing! We gained the family we did not have & needed through th
is place & our church, what was formally known as Christ Memorial and is now Gateway Fellowship. I don't think it could be possible to fit into one blog the blessings and amazing shows of love Christ has filled our family with in our time here. My eyes fill with tears as my memory is flooded with the events in witch God has touched our life! To name a very few of the most significant things would be these and in no real order.
* Josh started to build his relationship with Christ
* I over came my insecurities, I'm not nor will I ever be totally free from them. But I can live strong, secure, and firm in who Christ is shaping me to be as a women, wife, mother and friend!
* My kids have been saved and know who their savor is!
* I was blessed with being a part of the moms group
* God gave Josh a job.
* Our family was given Alivia
* Through my dad's terrible death we have found life!
* Friends that I know with out a doubt would wake at 3am to be there for me & my family!!!
There is so much more but you get the point, we are richly blessed!

So here is the real question.
Why would any one want to move if God has given you so much and things are so good?
Well.........
1~ Poulsbo was never intended to be forever, we all knew that.
2~ Josh and I have felt the stir and pull to move on from Christ for quit some time now.
3~ Josh has a secure job for a great company that isn't paying him enough to support a family of 6 and as our kids get older it is getting more expensive to support them.
4~ The weather is depressing....... This last winter was so hard on us, especially Josh! He/we need warmer sunnier weather.
5~ If God is calling you to do some thing you should do it.
6~ Why wouldn't we go? We believe that when things are good and you become comfortable it is time to move (not always location but take action, get out of your comfort zone). God can't grow you if you aren't willing to get stretched and flexible!!!

So we are entering June, our lease is up in March 2012, if God wants this to happen then we will hold faith and follow His calls..... It just better be warm & sunny ; )

One thing more to add, One of the most important things I have learned is that being with those I LOVE is enough...... it doesn't always mean family, I don't need a fancy car or a big ne
w house, all I need is the ones I love and I'll be okay : )

Well the sun just came out, I better go get what vitamin D I can before it's gone again!!!

No comments: